Sunday 25 January 2015

Container City Week 3



A lot of this week involved unwrapping and more modelling, I created the leaver box which the player goes to to turn the power on, I made some additions to the lift design and I made the button pads for the lift.



I spent a day designing and creating the clamp that connected the containers and the rails, another team mate already made a mesh for these but we realised the design didn’t allow for the containers to be hung from the rails at varying angles, there needed to be a ball joint between the rail and the container so we could position them as we wanted, so the job was given to me to make them. Original design:




It was difficult to add a joint that allowed for so much movement but wasn’t too tall so that the player could jump from the top of the container and onto the rail. Here are some of the iterations:



I finished with a design that fitted with the world and allowed for lots of movement. I finished unwrapping everything and began texturing, I also started some projection mapping for the button pad.




No comments:

Post a Comment