Sunday 1 February 2015

Container City Finished.





For the most part I’m pleased with how it has turned out, my metal texturing skills have improved throughout this project, by the end I was creating some realistic looking metal. Unfortunately this means that textures I made earlier on were poor.




For the most part our team worked well together, those who had finished texturing before the rest of us took on more texture work so that we could finish faster. It became apparent when I started texturing that I had quite a lot of texture sheets to texture and it’s a good thing my other teammates stepped in to help.




Some of the problems with our level included inconsistencies in texture density, I think for the most part my textures were consistent within each other; I tried to make sure of this. But other teammate’s texture sheets had major inconsistencies between their own models and the rest of the groups’ models. I tried pointing this out to some of them, but I was just ignored, which was really frustrating.




Some really useful feedback we received from the 3D tutors was that some of our lights were too bright and that our fog was too intense. It was really useful to have the 3D tutors involved in our presentations for this project.  Also the dust is a bit over the top, the particles are very white and stand out a bit too much, they need to be more subtle.




I think our level could’ve done with a bit more interactivity, as it would’ve made a lot of difference as the level is quite lifeless and there’s not much movement in it. Maybe some pouring water, or interactive doors would have brought it to life a bit more.




I really think this project has the potential to be a portfolio piece without a lot of work, the stuff that needs changing is primarily engine based. I think a few engine touch ups and a nice flythrough would make this project an eligible portfolio piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment