Sunday 15 March 2015

The Duchess' House



This week I designed and modelled the Duchess’ House, originally we were thinking of the player being able to go through the house, but to cut back on the level we decided for it to be in the background of a forest area.




Originally the house was going to be a small cottage, I didn’t really put a whole lot of design work into it, I just went ahead with a mesh for a basic looking cottage. I then got some critique from a friend and he did a paintover of what I sent him and he showed me a much stronger design.





So I looked at this and see how I could push it further, I concepted lots of models in 3ds Max, here are some of them:





 














With some of these I went a bit too over the top and it stopped looking like a house and more like a factory, so I dialled it back a bit and ended up with this mesh:




I’m really glad I got critique on my design now, it took me a lot longer than expected to get to the unwrapping stage, but I now have a much stronger design to move forward with in texturing which I’ll start next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment