Saturday 7 March 2015

Glitches Ruining Everything



At  the start of this week I thought I’d spend perhaps another day on the puzzle I began last week and have that done and out of the way. I was very, very wrong.



So I started adding the finishing touches to the puzzle, gave it an end and then started just testing it over and over to find any glitches. I found a wonderful glitch that after you eat the cake, if you so choose to press the space bar to jump you will jump for a very long time as if wonderland just lost a lot of gravity.



I couldn’t understand what was going on, I looked over the blueprint several times to make sure I didn’t accidentally change the gravity upon pressing E in the eat cake collision box (I didn’t). I spend hours looking online to see if anyone was getting the same problem. I tried changing parts of the blueprint to see if I could fix it but then more problems came up. Parts of the puzzle were being activated prematurely; meshes were being brought into the room before the player entered the collision boxes.



I found the solution when I deleted the blueprint entirely and started from scratch in a sub level blueprint. Unfortunately this whole ordeal took up my whole week. I’m finding it hard to stay motivated creating blueprints, it feels as if I’m doing so little even though I’m working all through the day until labs shut. Next week I’m passing the engine file over again so I’ll get a chance to do some modelling, which will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment