Sunday 22 February 2015

More growing and shrinking with some modelling



This week I started making the growing and shrinking mechanics situational, so we can control when the player changes size instead of being able to do it whenever. We haven’t decided if the mechanic is going to be completely situational or not, but I’m going to learn how to do it anyway.



Turns out it’s fairly simple, you just need to put a variable after the key press, for example I made a box trigger and I only want the change to happen in this trigger. To do this I set this variable to become true when you enter the box trigger, and then false when you leave it. So when the key is pressed to change size the blueprint asks “is the variable true?” if the player is in the box then it will be yes and the blueprint will continue and change the size of Alice, if false then nothing happens.



The idea of perhaps instead of Alice growing and shrinking not being Alice’s character but the environment around her instead. Because we are undecided yet I made sure I knew how to do that as well.




So once I sussed out situational growing and shrinking I pretty much just researched and did small tests the rest of the week on how I’d go about changing Alice’s environment around her.I am going to receive the engine file next week ready to constructing the first puzzle in the game, and also the first puzzle I’ve created. So in preparation for this I wrote out a breakdown of the puzzle and how it works, and I created the assets for the puzzle full modelled and unwrapped ready for Monday.




 
























In my spare time I’ve also been looking into how to make a flythrough for the Container City level so that I can put it in my portfolio. Working back on Container City is an after labs thing I’m doing, it’s not taking priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment