Sunday 2 November 2014

Sentry Gun Project


At the start of this project I compiled a pinboard of images on pinterest of weapon designs that interested me. I started off with a wide range of weapons of various styles and looking at both real anidea of creating a sci fi walking tank of some sort.


I then narrowed my search to mechs and robot with the intention of making a turret that would be stationary but looks like it is designed to move about.


In Mike Kelly’s workshop I was introduced to bash kits as a way of quickly concepting ideas. So I went off and created a bash kit from all of the shapes in my mood boards so I could piece them together in various ways to create an interesting design.


After creating the bash kit I came up with these silhouettes. I asked around which were people’s favourite designs and the second along on the bottom row was the favourite. Next week I’ll be playing about with the bash kit to further develop this designd fictional designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment