Sunday 23 November 2014

First Week of Character Project



This was the first week of the character project, I’ve spent it all creating mood boards and generating ideas. Here are some of the mood boards:






I came to the decision early on that I wanted to create a sci fi female character with a companion, so I straight away got on with creating silhouettes trying to come up with an idea:





I then went onto creating mood boards for the second character:





I wanted to go for a sort of cute and loveable yet manmade theme:





I’m not really happy with any of these designs, none are really strong enough to begin modelling, which is something I need to start Monday according to our brief plan.

I presented my work to the critical studies tutors on Friday, I was hoping that I’d get some guidance as to which of my designs work, which don’t and help me possibly finalise a design ready for modelling. Instead I mostly got confirmation that none of my designs were good and it was suggested that I start again. I decided against starting again as a third of the project had already passed, instead I’ve decided to continue and to need to have decided on a final design by next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment